• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x9.50x15s...

jeepdreamer

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone running this skinny a tire? How much lift did you need to do it at a minimum? Think if the Jeep was on road only these would function with only a very small lift to get it moved around on the street?

I had a friend that ran that tire size. He did it with 4" of lift and no real cutting. He also wheeled it (mildly). All in the bump stops.

If it's mostly just on road I would think you could do it with 3" and a little bump stopping.

Thats an add a leaf and some pucks and spacers for the front.

So its possible that a set of ACOS up front and a bastard leaf pack with maybe some shackles or shackle relocation brackets could do the trick along with shocks? This thing honestly will only be driven around my small base here for the next 5 months or so. Then it will be on a boat headed back to the states where I will eventually get a lift I want. But shipping the nearly new tires/wheels back would cost a fortune compared to maybe just getting them to fit. No flexing or crazy stuff will happen while its all on, just road. The only mod it will see other than this will be the uber cheap 8.8 I found for it. And I'd think the 4.10s will be better than the 3.55s in it now.?. :)

Most def on the 4.10's. They'll work well with the 33's. I think you would have no problem with the set up you just discribed. That 8.8 is a good score. Especially if it has disc brakes...

Who makes a 33x9.5?

Why not just ship them back inside the XJ?

Thanks for the input. I'm running 4.10s on my Scrambler with 35s but it has a healthy V8 to push it around....But the gear ratio calculator seems like they will be fine with 6cyl and 33s. :) I don't know which to feel happier about.. the 8.8 (with dics) for 70 bucks or paying 150 for 4 nearly new 33s! And that's here in Germany where a 255 would be considered big! haha! I did take the discs over to be turned today since they had been out in the weather a while but they are shiny and fine now. Next is to figure out where to get the yolk so I can reuse my driveshaft. Then its the roughstuff simple kit and some brake doo dads. Having to fix 2 needy jeeps here just so I can get them back home only shows how bad my addiction is...lol!

Who makes a 33x9.5?

Why not just ship them back inside the XJ?

BFG makes a 33x9.5

Thanks for the input. I'm running 4.10s on my Scrambler with 35s but it has a healthy V8 to push it around....But the gear ratio calculator seems like they will be fine with 6cyl and 33s. :) I don't know which to feel happier about.. the 8.8 (with dics) for 70 bucks or paying 150 for 4 nearly new 33s! And that's here in Germany where a 255 would be considered big! haha! I did take the discs over to be turned today since they had been out in the weather a while but they are shiny and fine now. Next is to figure out where to get the yolk so I can reuse my driveshaft. Then its the roughstuff simple kit and some brake doo dads. Having to fix 2 needy jeeps here just so I can get them back home only shows how bad my addiction is...lol!

Awesome score on the diff and the wheels. :thumbsup:

Yup.. they are BFG all terrains. I actually looked like 3 times to make sure they were not the more common (if there is such a thing?) 10.50s.
As to why not ship or pack them...well, the short answer is I can't. My 83 Scrambler is being sent via the Government while the XJ is shipped on my dime. The sad fact is that I have acquired so much stuff here that I will already be pushed for space. The Scrambler has to be empty of everything to be shipped as are the rules. Since I'm paying for the XJ I can pack it full. But I have a really good feeling that it will be full already no matter what I get rid of. So the tires will be best on the Jeep instead of in it. Trust me... I work hard to maximize how much stuff I can ship...but the household goods only allows so much in weight. My tools and some parts eat a portion of that..heck, I'm even getting rid of most of my clothes since I can get those easier and they are heavy. haha!

I am running 33x10.50 Bfg km2's. On my Xj with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift. I did trim the front fenders , I also run extended bumpstops. I have yet to find time to trim my rear fenders and do the cut and fold but it will be done before I leave the pavement

Hmm...I thought ship bound freight was calculated by volume not weight.

Hmm...I thought ship bound freight was calculated by volume not weight.

It is....For the one I am paying for anyway. The government movers doing my household goods stuff go by weight though. I'm only authorized about 2500lbs of stuff plus 500 for "professional goods/work related stuff". Being single has some major drawbacks...lol! But believe me, I will max out all my allowed weight even if I can stuff a lot of the heavy parts, the tools like the welder and plasma cutter, etc all in the XJ. I brought a lot to Germany with me and have somehow acquired a lot more...lol! Need to get some stuff mounted permanently on the CJ so it will carry some....but I have to be careful about doing that kind of thing. And everything that goes into the XJ I will have to inventory before packing but allow access for customs people to check...scary thought there... lol!

DSCF0619.jpg

34x9.5
15x8's with 3.5" BS
I later went with 15x7's with 3.75 BS.
3" of lift, cut fenders.

DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0608.jpg

nearly worn out 31 on a stock wheel for reference.

bumpity.. picked up some 33x10.50 bfg at.. dont like the wheels on their now.. 15x7, but not enough bs.. somethin like -7mm..

have a set of eccos that i want to use. 3" front, 3.5" rear.

hdcorxj, did you use spacers, or anything like that? i am a bit worried about it rubbing on the inside of the fenders.. i do have aftermarket control arms, similar to yours..

I am running 33x10.50 BFG AT's on stock wheels.

RE 4.5" plus spacers and shackles. Measured about 5.5" of lift when installed.

On the road it will rub control arms and front OEM skid at full crank U turn. Easily do able with a bit of driving adjustment. I don't like full crank U turns with the lockers any ways.

Off road they really almost stuff inside the stock flares. The will rub a bit on the big stuff, but haven't cut, ripped or bent anything (it us been pushed).

9.5's would clear just a bit more.

Less offset would clear the U turn rubs, but would then require trimming

I don't know what they are called. You can look at my avatar pic and see them. Actually can see front driver tire starting to tuck in the pic too.

I am due for tires soon. Contemplating wheels with less backspacing and trimming, would probably be tempted to put 35's on. Honestly it would probably be just for looks because those 33x10.5's have rolled over some pretty big rocks and ledges.

Back