• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hmm infamous no dash lights/no speedo/odometer

Metal Head

NAXJA Forum User
New to me 1994 XJ Sport 5-speed. My issue is a little different from those I read up on, I have no dash lights coming on at all. Replaced the headlight switch first thing. Checked everything as suggested to no avail. I did happen to notice the door jamb switch on the drivers side looks smashed beyond recognition possibly causing a dead short.

My other issue is the speedometer and odometer and trip odometer don't work either. I am getting a check engine light code with the speed sensor code coming on (code 15 I think). Are these two issues unrelated? Should I replace the speed sensor for the speedo/odo issue and try and replace the door jamb switch in the door?

Fuel gauge, tail lights, voltmeter, water temp, and oil pressure gauges all work.

Now I have a different problem. I was checking connections and blew the fuse under the hood for the I.O.D., put in a new fuse and got all my stuff back (dome light, radio, and cig lighter) tested something else and popped it again, replaced the fuse, now with a new fuse I get nothing. No power to cig lighter, dome light, or radio. All fuses in the under dash fuse box are good.

Back