• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Greenlee bender for dom cage?

zachandandy

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've tried researching this, and found a few people who tried it with mixed results. They all seemed to use the sch 40 shoes, and shim to fit the tubing. If I were to build my cage out of 1.75 tube, the 1.5" emt shoe would be a near perfect fit(1.74" od). I realize the radius is larger than most tube dies, but the roof halo(hybrid cage) would have the only full 90 degree bends,so who cares if they are a little large? Fully electric bending, mobile bender, built in degree wheel, can bend vertically or horizantally, and I can borrow it from work, so zero cost. Has anyone tried this? Can't see why it wouldn't work.

1.75" DOM is a lot stronger, thicker and heavier than 1.5" EMT.
DOM is for structural use, while EMT is a protective conduct.
Suggest you get a short piece of the 1.75" DOM you plan on using, take it work and see if the Greenlee bender can handle it, before buying enough tube for the job.

These greenlee benders are the shit... i recently bent a 1.5, .250wall trackbar on a greenlee fliptop that was also designed to bend emt tubing.

The bender will bend up to 2" rigid conduit, nearly equivalent dimensionally to 2.5" 1/4" wall tube. Positive the .120 wall 1.75" won't be a problem.

Back