• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ V8 Draglink Question

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
ZJ V8 Draglink Fitment for XJ/MJ

I have a bit of play in my 91 MJ where the drag link connects to the right side hub. I've gradually replaced all the original steering gear linkage (except for the drag link) with all new stuff for the ZJ V8 models as it's beefier and bolts on to XJs/MJs w. no modifications needed. Is this true also with the ZJ V8 drag link? The part number for it is 52037994, not the same as the stock part, 52006592. TIA, Don

Last edited:
yes.

i forget what year, but they upgraded the drag link on the XJ in its early years. that upgrade is the same drag link as the stock ZJ. V8 and I6 ZJ used the same drag link.
That is what I thought also. However, my 91-93 factory parts manual shows two different p/n's for the ZJ drag link w. the V8 and 4.0 engines

52005738, ZJ w/4.0L Eng.
52037994, ZJ w/5.2L Eng. (Draglink)

What I'm looking for is more beef, as are the ZJ V8 tie rod and track bar. And comparing the cost online, the ZJ V8 drag link is much more than the 4.0. Why, I have no idea.

Last edited:
have the parts guy pull all 3 of them off the shelf. i doubt youll find a difference.

the MJ/XJ/TJ/ZJ all used the same taper on the knuckle, and similar steering geometry. disregard parts numbers honestly... i can never walk in and get what i need from an over the counter place. if you want beef, you need to step away from stock steering. if you want something that is easy to replace and cheap, get something with a lifetime warranty and get friendly with your local parts guy.

why are you using a ZJ track bar?

Currie steering should do you right. Otherwise something like jcr/serious offroad would work as well.
The stock draglink is the same. The V8 ZJ tie rod is better than XJ< but for the price of new, better off buying an aftermarket tierod like ironman4x4fab.

Back