• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaky tranny lines

Chuckanut

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got Renix with leaky lines under the radiator where the steel line connects to rubber hoses. Just was wondering a way to fix them. Or just replace them?

Many people cut the hardline right before its swedged onto the rubber line, then replace the rubber hose with a hose intended for atf (regular fuel line will get eaten away), then just connect the two with a hose clamp.

Neither of the trans cooler lines are high pressure, such as a power steering line, but if they let loose you can kill your transmission, or start a fire.

What xcm said. Kinda.

On all mine I've cut the hard line. Added a slight swell in the end with a flare tool then added two hose clamps. One right at the flare and one behind it. I've never had any leaks and no worries about the line slipping off.

What DrMoab said, kinda:)
If you don't have a flaring tool, use a dremel to cut the swagged portion.Do this parallel to the hard line, and not too deep. When you remove the swagged part, there will be a flared tip to the hard line, and your hose can slip over that. I just did mine, and used fuel injector clamps vs. the worm screw kind, but either will work. No leaks and cost about $7.

Back