• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear driveshaft

XJ_sport_315

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, im running a 98 xj sport, 4.5 rc lift, 31`s, sye, and i just put a transfer case in with the sye, and the driveshaft im using is out of an automatic I6 xj (front). however the slip yoke on the drive shaft is pretty close to maxed out, i need about 3/4in more tube/ds... any suggestions other than rebuilding or buying new? any one know how much longer a front V8 zj shaft is next to xj? Thanks in advance for the help

I have limited knowledge of this stuff, so the only help I can provide would be to contact Englewood Driveshaft in Englewood CO and ask for Bill.

Bill built my rear driveshaft so I wouldn't have to do a HnT or SYE. The guy knows his stuff, and is pretty reputable in these parts.

zcIqMl.jpg

grab V8 ZJ front and have it shortened. That's what I ended up doing when my front shaft ended up being too short as well. It's far cheaper to shorten a shaft than lengthen one.

Back