• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dick Cepek Crusher any input?

Restruction

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I was looking over the tires I have selected which where the the Cooper STT's with TEK3 Sidewall armor. I have seen a tire that has recently caught my eye and that is the Dick Cepek Crusher it looks like it will conquer all in its path and it has that cool skull and bones look. I haven't found many reviews for the tire and on TireRack.com it is not rated and does not have a survey report on what its good in. Perhaps the good community of NAXJA can tell me a little about this tire. But it does have my questions about it. I'm looking for a 33x12.50R15 tire on a 1989 Cherokee Pioneer 5 Speed.

1. How good is it in the snow? Especially in Deep snow.

2. How good is it in mud? Like Light mud and Deep mud?

3. Do the crossbones offer any traction in the deep stuff?

4. How do they compare to the other extreme mud terrains?

5. Road manners?

6. How long would these tires last?

7. Has anyone run them here on NAXJA or or know someone that has?

The cheapest I h ave found them is at TireRack.com is there a place cheaper that anyone knows off?

Feed back of the tire and my questions would be greatly appreciate it.

I personally went with Goodyear Duratracs, but I have heard nothing but High Praise for the Cooper SST in cold use. I don't mind spinning and making a mess in the mud, but sliding down icy roads worries me so I tend to lean towards the best cold use.

Maybe someone can offer how the Crusher is on cold - I can only vouch for the Cooper SST.

I guess if the Crusher is bad in hard pack then the skull and crossbones are all the people that died running it. Heheh ok that was uncalled for. :looney:

It does look cool.

I've heard from my buddy that the crushers were good offroad but noisey onroad. The cooper STT's are great in wet/slippy weather and decent offroad, probabley the best bang for the buck around here.

Back