• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

94 ax15 to 91 4.0 pilot bearing trouble

MTBracer367

NAXJA Forum User
So I just picked up another cherokee it's a 91 2dr 4.0/ax-15/np231. I broke a short fork in the trans and went to swap it with my spare ax-15 from a 94. I also have everything for the external slave cylinder setup. My problem is that the 94 trans has a slightly larger input shaft then The 91. I took out the 91 pilot bearing and bushing but the 94 piolet Bearing is to small for the end of the crank still. What I need to know is if there's a bearing made to fit my application And the part number for it. This is my daily driver right now and I need it fixed yesterday.

Search the forum for the part number, you'll find it in threads detailing swapping the internal slave AX-15 for the external slave version. You end up using a pilot bushing for an early 70's CJ with a V8 and a three speed manual. Worked perfect for me.

Back