• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

....i miss my XJ....

PDXGraham

NAXJA Forum User
title says it all....i miss my XJ. so as a result of my XJ depression i am in the market for another 97-01. i would like to find a stock unlifted unmolested gal. the shit thing about wanting another round body is that everyone seems to think they are worth double that of a sqaure body.

WTF, i have seen a cherry 1996 country with under 125k, fully loaded, and in tip top shape go for an average of $1750, now the same jeep only 1 year newer with 50k more miles will go for $4000, to quote mr seinfeld...whats the deal with that?

How much did you pay for your last late model? How much did you get when you sold it? I saw one for sale for 1,200 recently. It had two broken windows, by the time I called it was already gone. The guys said his phone was ringing non stop. Try other states like California, and Nevada.

It's because of people like us that want to wheel them. There just getting old enough now and the price is coming down. There to the point people can justify up grading there older models. (like Torx's and Bronz and soon nw-XJ-Scott) to late model comfort and reliability. So in a since we're driving up the price on our selves.

I got a smoking deal when I bought my 99' in 07. It was the start of the crash and it was traded in on a Honda prius. The sticker price was $5495.00 it had 67k on it and was traded in literally by a 60 something year old man that bought it new from Gresham Jeep. the only reason I know this is because he left a bunch of paper work in the owners manual along with his drivers license number name address and a bunch of other stuff.

I'm in the market too! $5k salvage title is outrageous.

I'm picky tho. 3 colors, limited or classic, low mileage Etc. I'm currently looking at one for $8k Himmin and haw'in. It doesn't have black leather...

I'm in the market too! $5k salvage title is outrageous.

I'm picky tho. 3 colors, limited or classic, low mileage Etc. I'm currently looking at one for $8k Himmin and haw'in. It doesn't have black leather...

My 99 don't have a salvage title, I bought it from Gresham Honda. The 01 I had, that I got for $3500.00 from the russian Did. but it was super low miles ran and drove great.

i paid $1750 for my last 97 and $1k for my last 90... my 90 was in better shape, more options, and less miles.... just because it was 7 years older makes it almost 50% cheaper? dumb IMO. but i think i found a 99 a gal wants to trade for my car :) so fingers crossed. :) :) :)

How much did you sell your late model for though? You got a pretty good deal in my opinion when you bought your late model..
I paid 3,500 for my 97 in California about 5 years ago, it was the cheapest XJ I could find after looking for 2 weeks, and probably body wise in the worst condition. Meaning door dings, and paint issue, I found out later it had even been rear ended and had a tail gate put on it, and had the passengers quarter, and door painted and blended. But what the hell does that matter I was just going to hack it up anyway. My Cherokee had 113000 miles on it when I bought it, I didn't think that was to bad for the price. I can't imagine paying more that 4,500 hundred for a late model, the SF bay area has a much bigger pool to draw from, but had XJ's been over that price I probably would have bought an older one. Hell there was a guy down there giving an early model away with a blown head gasket, but I just liked the late model better.

Last edited:
I bought my 98 almost 3 years ago in Everett for $1000.00. It had front end damage but i was planning on replacing all the damaged parts. But getting it trail worthy was first on my list.

my 99 3 years ago cost me 3k.
Bone Stock, 112k miles on it, and I am the third owner.
Had a couple minor issues that I knew I could fix with little to no effort at all...
And it came with a full CarFax report.
I was happy with what it said, and the deal I got.... I see stock, private sale 97-99's out there on craigslist for the 3k range all the time... Now the one's from the dealer's you're gonna get raped on. Saw a 2000 (not limited) on a lot recently here in Beaverton, not sure the miles, they were asking 6800..... Thats just frickin ridiculous. It did look clean though. But still.

my 99 3 years ago cost me 3k.
Bone Stock, 112k miles on it, and I am the third owner.
Had a couple minor issues that I knew I could fix with little to no effort at all...
And it came with a full CarFax report.
I was happy with what it said, and the deal I got.... I see stock, private sale 97-99's out there on craigslist for the 3k range all the time... Now the one's from the dealer's you're gonna get raped on. Saw a 2000 (not limited) on a lot recently here in Beaverton, not sure the miles, they were asking 6800..... Thats just frickin ridiculous. It did look clean though. But still.

you gotta know how to work it :D i baught mine on 82nd street in portland yo:huh: it had 184k miles, but that seemed to be the only negitive. i drove all over oregon looking at xj's, i packed a full autocheck acount as i went. this was the nicest i found for any price, by far. the dealership wanted $6500. i drove of the lot $4250 light in the pocket.
S7305478-1.jpg

Then
xjbzw2.jpg

Now.

Bronze.

Back