• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to pick some trails!!!

Israel

NAXJA Forum User
Before we finalize our trail list. We'd love to hear what trails you want to run and on what day.

Also, if ANYONE would like to step up and lead a trail, please PM me!

It isn't much, but if you lead a trail you will not be charged the trail fee for that day and you will have my undying grattitude.

Last edited:
I'll probably be filling in the trails that no one else wants to lead. Could be interesting! Definitely will be a good time.

I'd like to have a finalized trail schedule by September 14th. So we're open to suggestions on what you want to run until then.

Personally, I'd like to do Cliffhanger, Behind the Rocks, Steelbender, and maybe Elephant Hill if there were enough interest.

Pay my air fare and supply me with a capable XJ and I'd be happy to lead any trail you want! :)

Seriously though, Cliff Hanger is a great trail, great views, and a fun entrance/exit. It's challenging enough and has such great scenery that its tough to get board. I highly recommend it.

Pritchett is another great trail. It's one of my favorites out there. You need a little more capable Jeep to run it but I've tackled it with 32's and only a front locker several times.

The group run of Hells Revenge is pretty nice too. Like all of Moab it offers great views, steep climbs, and a few fun play areas. Areas such as Mickeys Hot Tub for instance.

Moab rim is a fun trail, again for the better built in the crowd. It's fairly short and with a small group can be run in a pretty short time. Shortly into the trail you run into an off camber climb that has you staring directly out the drivers side window at the road about 100' below. Very nerve racking, but not terribly hard. Once to the top you can look down on the town of Moab. Some people have run it as a night run, though I have not, and I'd guess the view is quite spectacular.

Those are my recommendations of trails that should be run by anyone who is built well enough for the challenge. If I were coming out I would for sure run every one of those and likely some of the other easy ones. Area BFE is also a fun place and if you have the time I'd recommend it. I wouldn't however skip out on other fun trails to run out there. I'd only do it if I had some extra time and a few guys that wanted to go play.

HTH,
B

P.S. I'm more than willing to fly "economy" :)

I'd like to have a finalized trail schedule by September 14th. So we're open to suggestions on what you want to run until then.

Personally, I'd like to do Cliffhanger, Behind the Rocks, Steelbender, and maybe Elephant Hill if there were enough interest.

Awesome trails that I think are good Fall Fling candidates: Hell's Revenge, Golden Spike, Pritchett Canyon, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim.
If there are any stockers participating that want mild, Wipe out Hill and Top of the World as well.

Pay my air fare and supply me with a capable XJ and I'd be happy to lead any trail you want! :)

Seriously though, Cliff Hanger is a great trail, great views, and a fun entrance/exit. It's challenging enough and has such great scenery that its tough to get board. I highly recommend it.

Pritchett is another great trail. It's one of my favorites out there. You need a little more capable Jeep to run it but I've tackled it with 32's and only a front locker several times.

The group run of Hells Revenge is pretty nice too. Like all of Moab it offers great views, steep climbs, and a few fun play areas. Areas such as Mickeys Hot Tub for instance.

Moab rim is a fun trail, again for the better built in the crowd. It's fairly short and with a small group can be run in a pretty short time. Shortly into the trail you run into an off camber climb that has you staring directly out the drivers side window at the road about 100' below. Very nerve racking, but not terribly hard. Once to the top you can look down on the town of Moab. Some people have run it as a night run, though I have not, and I'd guess the view is quite spectacular.

Those are my recommendations of trails that should be run by anyone who is built well enough for the challenge. If I were coming out I would for sure run every one of those and likely some of the other easy ones. Area BFE is also a fun place and if you have the time I'd recommend it. I wouldn't however skip out on other fun trails to run out there. I'd only do it if I had some extra time and a few guys that wanted to go play.

HTH,
B

P.S. I'm more than willing to fly "economy" :)

I've got most of those and I think I'll add Moab Rim.

I really wish you could join us, Bob. The man and the jeep are both legends. If I lived as far away as most of you guys do, I'd be waiting for next year too. You'll have to show me the ropes on Moab Rim next year. :)

Awesome trails that I think are good Fall Fling candidates: Hell's Revenge, Golden Spike, Pritchett Canyon, Cliffhanger, Moab Rim.
If there are any stockers participating that want mild, Wipe out Hill and Top of the World as well.

Good suggestions! I have most of the trails on your first list on the schedule. I've never actually ran your two stocker trails, but they probably are better than what I've already got picked out. I may have to change what I've got.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Good suggestions! I have most of the trails on your first list on the schedule. I've never actually ran your two stocker trails, but they probably are better than what I've already got picked out. I may have to change what I've got.

Thanks.

Top of the world is quite easy and has a great overlook at the top.
Wipe out hill is more difficult, but still doable stock - it has no overlooks at all, however there are some popular photo op areas like Determination Towers and the Monitor and Merrimac. There is also a cave a very short hike off an offshoot of the trail. It goes all the way though an area of a rock for probably 150ft or more. Wipe out hill itself is more popular for the steep but not dangerous bypass. It would scrape the bottom of a stocker but it would be fine. If we had to pick between them, Wipe out is more interesting IMO, but Top of the World has an unbeatable overlook. Kind of a wash.:cheers:

I say 7 mile rim with wipeout hill. cause the wipout hill trail in my opinion is all about driving a really long way to get to the hill, not much scenery changes and not much difference in terrain. 7 mile has challenges for the stock rigs, challenges for the built rigs and can be gone out either wipout hill or M&M route.

I would like to do Elephant Hill again because my sister and her husband will be here from Baltimore. They are first timers! I would also like to do the Tri-Fecta as well!

I would like to do Elephant Hill again because my sister and her husband will be here from Baltimore. They are first timers! I would also like to do the Tri-Fecta as well!

You may have to edumacate me about the Tri-Fecta.

I'll see what I can do about Elephant Hill.

I say 7 mile rim with wipeout hill. cause the wipout hill trail in my opinion is all about driving a really long way to get to the hill, not much scenery changes and not much difference in terrain. 7 mile has challenges for the stock rigs, challenges for the built rigs and can be gone out either wipout hill or M&M route.
Agreed - just looking out for the picture takin' folks, and anyone who likes caves. :party:
7mile would definitely spice it up.

Rusty Nail takes half the time and is more fun. :D
But we can't run that officially remember ;)
Agreed - just looking out for the picture takin' folks, and anyone who likes caves. :party:
7mile would definitely spice it up.

Well i think the scenery off of 7mile is better. and what cave you talkin about? tusher tunnel?

Rusty Nail takes half the time and is more fun. :D

From that point on, sure, but you have already been on the trail for a long time by then.

And it still takes a boost in rig requirements. You can get away with doing the other three trails on a couple inches lift, open diffs, 31s, and no armor. Rusty nail would not accomodate that in either direction :eyes:

But we can't run that officially remember ;)

Well i think the scenery off of 7mile is better. and what cave you talkin about? tusher tunnel?

Is that what it is called? Googling......yeah, that. :greensmok

I do not know what the scenery situation is on sevenmile as I have not run it. I am sure you are right.

Back