• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA drop brackets with 4.5inch lift?

knb133

NAXJA Forum User
I'm currently running a RC 3" lift. I want to go up to 4-4.5" for some added lift over 32s.

I got a steal of a deal on some RC LCA drop brackets. I know the website says to use on vehicles with at least 4.5" of lift.

What if I run them with 4"? Will anything negative happen? Any benefits? I have stock control arms for now and was figuring on them working.

I'm going for maximum on-road stability. I don't really wheel and if I do, it's not rocks... just dirt/mud. I know the drop brackets improve the ride considerably with larger 6.5" lifts- so will they do anything with 4" or at most, 4.5"?

Or is it a better bet just to sell those and get adjustable upper/lower control arms and be done.

Yes I know- I like the looks of a higher Jeep. I have 33x10.50s on now but I'm throwing around 33 or 32 for future use... and again, I just like the looks of higher. I would prefer not to trim to be honest.

I think it'll work you'd have to just keep track of where you castor is and make sure your TB and braklines can handle it.

I ran drop brackets with 4.5" lift (closer to 4" with winch/bumper) and it was a better ride than stock. With stock length control arms, my caster was about where it should be for a stock Jeep. They should work just fine for you

ok- thanks for the input. I'll use what I have then.

I know they will physically fit and the work will be on an on alignment rack so I can keep tabs on all the alignment specs after I install them.

I counted on longer brake lines (or just relocating them) and I have an adjustable TB installed.

I'm just hoping that by going to 4.5" via extended shackles in the rear and spacers up front, using stock control arms, and the drop kit plus a t-case drop, I can get a very well behaved vehicle on-road.

you mentioned maximum on road stability, and then a very well balanced vehicle on-road...

sure you cannnnn do it... but with your wants, why WOULD you? LCAs are going to affect your ride comfort more than your offroad capabilities.

You want to lift it and put bigger tires on it, but just for looks- thats fine, but your ride will suffer. My vote is to sell the brackets and go with new ctrl arms. I wouldn't lift it anymore on stock control arms.

you mentioned maximum on road stability, and then a very well balanced vehicle on-road...

sure you cannnnn do it... but with your wants, why WOULD you? LCAs are going to affect your ride comfort more than your offroad capabilities.

You want to lift it and put bigger tires on it, but just for looks- thats fine, but your ride will suffer. My vote is to sell the brackets and go with new ctrl arms. I wouldn't lift it anymore on stock control arms.

That makes no sense!

All he is doing is putter the stock arms right back to were they were from the factory.

^ this is correct - you'll be fine, and most drop brackets use shims just like the factory mounts to adjust castor

id recommend at least 4". anything less and you will likely have an upward angle.

RC brackets with 4.5" of lift.
575231_539192172801870_1467887032_n.jpg

I have the re drop brackets and re arms solid lowers and adjustable uppers. I'm using re 3.5" springs no spacer. It's a used spring and believe its sagged to 3". My lowers are perfectly parrelel with the ground and the ride is fantastic because of this. Even with crappy shocks it rode great in the front end. I have about 4.5" of up travel with 35s. And can out droop my 12" travel shocks. It works well for how I use it. Though I do occasionally land on the drop bracket and it makes a hell of a racket.

Back