• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

bump stops with 35's

unhitched

NAXJA Forum User
I am just curious to see how much bump stop you are using with 35's i have jks acos now and added a couple inches of aluminum blocks from jks and it seems i need quite a bit more... like another 3-4 inches which just looks like alot... what are you guys running? can i see some pic?

Tire size is only 1 factor. Also consider shock length, lift height, amount of trimmed sheet metal, axle configuration, suspension type......etc......

All pretty basic stuff, and can be found 100's of times if you search.

No pic but My good buddy has ACOS and 2 hockey pucks per side and 33's almost perfect he also has 4.5 spring. I would find some place you can drive your rig up like a RTI ramp so you can flex it out and figure it out what you need to do Hockey pucks work great.

wheel offset is a major factor too. the more backspacing you have, the more you'll have to bumpstop. with my setup, i can actually reach the front factory bumpstop location when flexed in the front with 35's. but my axles are jk width and i have 15x8 with 3.25 backspacing.

I have looked, i just have not found pictures of what other peoples set up looks like. I have 15x10 with like 3.5-3.75 in back spacing and my fenders are trimmed pretty well, i just would like to see some pictures..

I was using the stock bump stop on top and ~4" of UHMW plastic bolted to the bottom bump pad. I've now replaced the plastic on the bottom with prothane progressive bumps.

Remember, boucing straight up and down doesn't happen much on the trail, the axle with articulate. While it looks like you only have a few inches of up travel, that's all you really need when the other side drops down a foot. Unless you are bombing through the desert or something.

I was using the stock bump stop on top and ~4" of UHMW plastic bolted to the bottom bump pad. I've now replaced the plastic on the bottom with prothane progressive bumps.

Remember, boucing straight up and down doesn't happen much on the trail, the axle with articulate. While it looks like you only have a few inches of up travel, that's all you really need when the other side drops down a foot. Unless you are bombing through the desert or something.
i'm new to this, but my thought was having your wheel stuff a little more in certain circumstances would make your vehicle have a lower center of gravity and more stable than a vehicle with less uptravel. i know the opposite wheel will droop down, but why have 4,000lbs 4" higher in the air if you don't have to? and not to mention that's 4" more spring to unload on you in an off camber situation

Back