• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end lift = SYE??

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
My 01 has a 2.5 or 3 inch lift. I can't remember which.

The rear stands as tall as it ever has but the front has started to sag and I've added a winch bumper which has made it worse.

I'm adding a winch before the snow hits and am pretty sure that will be a good time to upgrade coils and shocks.

I dropped tbe tcase when I lifted this thing years ago to cure some driveline vibration.

So here's the question.

Does lifting the front affect rear driveline angle? Should I budget for my SYE just in case?

I know, oddball "tard" question ...

I may go a bit taller than I had before. I hear the OME springs I want say 3" lift but may net a bit more. That's what has me concerned.

Nevermind ...

I'm sitting here looking at it and realizing its a bonhead question.

Flame away

I deserve it...

I wouldnt go OME. Too expensive. Just add a coil spacer till u decide to go with a bigger lift. Adj control arms will help with the pinion angle on the front axle. Never heard of a sye for the front. But then again never searched for one either.

No flaming here. No sense.

Love my O.M.E. stuff and think it was worth the price .
Not everyone wants to go to a bigger lift .

for example i will never be taller than my current 4-4.5 " mine will fit 33's nicely and that's all ill need

I do agree if you ever intend to go taller just do it now .

Pretty sure the front doesn't have a slip yoke in the first place , it slips at the D.S. and has a Double joint on one end . Witch is why i am using one in the rear of my rig.

It does and changing the front doesn't affect the rear drive line angles. I had a noob brain fart.

No I'll not go.taller than 4". I'm putting a expedition rig together not a crawler. Mild wheeling only. Heck, the 31s are really ok for me but 33"x10.50" is stuck in my head as what I may be better off with.

You know how it goes ...

Back