• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pre '96 Dash Temp Gauge Resistance Chart

menos

NAXJA Forum User
I've found the posts that have the 3 reference values listed (90,220,260).
My question is does anybody have a more detailed chart?
Something to the 1deg would be great but even to the 5deg would help.

Do you mean resistance at 91,92,93...etc.?

What are you trying to accomplish? Is this for a gauge you've modified or are trying to modify?

Yes, resistance at specific temps. I've been running hot but I'm also not entirely trusting of the factory dash gauge. I'd like to compare my readings directly at the sensor with what I'm seeing on the gauge.

The sensor/gauge combination is not inherently accurate enough to lend much credibility to degree by degree resistance figures. You need to get an infra-red (IR) thermometer and measure temps at the thermostat housing and near the sensor location at the rear of the head to see what is really going on.

I went through this with my '93 where the gauge was showing mild overheating while the IR thermometer was indicating normal temps. I finally replaced the after market sensor with an OEM unit which cured the discrepancy.

BTW, you will get answers here but just for future reference, this is really an OEM question.

Last edited:
All I've got is a Haynes which doesn't seem to have anything and a FSM which only has the 3 reference temps of 100F, 220F and 260F

Those tend to have little good info. I always get the chiltons books instead.

Back