• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8" SkyJacker Lift Help/Questions

'jrod'

NAXJA Forum User
I recently purchased a XJ with this lift and 35's. I love the Rig, looks sick! But it had clunking when i bought it. So i took it to my friend at a local 4x4 place and he said he needed new heim joints. And it needs a panhard bar bushing. Now i have read mixed reviews on this lift, is there different control arms i can put on it? Or i was reading on a forum and someone said to replace them with these:

http://www.currieenterprises.com/cestore/product.aspx?id=2629

I am just looking at how to fix my rig the best way, and not half to do it again. And then i was reading on another forum and someone said to ditch them and put one of these on there.

http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...=IROR&Product_Code=IR-STBCK&Category_Code=PFX

I am just looking for direction. Thanks, jared

I have the Iron Rock track bar and love it. Very thick and strong.
And i want to go with Johnny joints on my control arms soon. I recommend both those parts... but 8 inches is a lot of lift on an XJ. Post a picture I would like to see the Jeep.

Thanks! Already Ordered the RC front winch bumper with all options, and got a set of sliders coming. Now its time for Gears, Locker and a Ford 8.8 swap

I used to run the Skyjacker midarm setup on my jeep. I liked the subframe setup and it proved to be very durable, but needed some things changed around. The hiems from SJ suck, mine clunked too. I converted the LCA's to the 2.5" Johhny Joints all around. Since it's the 8" kit, it should have the truss setup. It also sucks, ditch it and run the UCA's like the 6" kit with arms that attach to the factory axle UCA mounts. I rebuilt my UCA's to run a 2" JJ on one end and welded a cup-style mount on the other end. The control arms never made any noise again and provided a nice ride.

When I got the jeep, the SJ trackbar had already been swapped out for a Rusty's HD bar and bracket. It worked OK for awhile, eventually the mount developed cracks. I replace the bracket with a RE mount and brace. I switched over to WJ outers and built my own trackbar outta 1.5" DOM with 2" JJ's.

kaib8z.jpg

35ji97a.jpg

2wevqli.jpg

I used to run the Skyjacker midarm setup on my jeep. I liked the subframe setup and it proved to be very durable, but needed some things changed around. The hiems from SJ suck, mine clunked too. I converted the LCA's to the 2.5" Johhny Joints all around. Since it's the 8" kit, it should have the truss setup. It also sucks, ditch it and run the UCA's like the 6" kit with arms that attach to the factory axle UCA mounts. I rebuilt my UCA's to run a 2" JJ on one end and welded a cup-style mount on the other end. The control arms never made any noise again and provided a nice ride.

When I got the jeep, the SJ trackbar had already been swapped out for a Rusty's HD bar and bracket. It worked OK for awhile, eventually the mount developed cracks. I replace the bracket with a RE mount and brace. I switched over to WJ outers and built my own trackbar outta 1.5" DOM with 2" JJ's.

kaib8z.jpg

35ji97a.jpg

2wevqli.jpg

Thanks for the info!! But i am a Jeep Newb.. What are the abbreviations you mentioned.. Can you link me on exactly what to purchase.

LCA = Lower control arms
UCA = Upper control arms

My lowers had 2.5" Johnny Joints with 1.25" shanks, right hand thread one end and left hand thread on the other. The uppers had 2" Johhny Joints with 3/4" shanks with right hand threads on one end and the cup-style mounts on the other welded to the arms.

Back