• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrysler 8.25 3.07 with locker

Marcelo73

NAXJA Forum User
My XJ is a 98 with rear D35 and 3.07 ring and pinion.

I will swap for a C.825. I have two options: get a 4.10 or a 3.07. The last one will allow me just to swap into the rig without regearing the front. I'm running 30" and it had performed pretty good in the trails.

It's almost impossible that I will run anything bigger than 33x10 but all that I've read about D35 are bad things (it was a surprise the thread from the Iceland boy with 44" and D35).

I know that D30 lockers are differents depends on the R&P. Is the C8.25 the same or I can reuse the same locker after regearing?

My XJ is a 98 with rear D35 and 3.07 ring and pinion.

I will swap for a C.825. I have two options: get a 4.10 or a 3.07. The last one will allow me just to swap into the rig without regearing the front. I'm running 30" and it had performed pretty good in the trails.

It's almost impossible that I will run anything bigger than 33x10 but all that I've read about D35 are bad things (it was a surprise the thread from the Iceland boy with 44" and D35).

I know that D30 lockers are differents depends on the R&P. Is the C8.25 the same or I can reuse the same locker after regearing?

Depends on the locker so far as I've read. If you get, say, a Spartan or Aussie then the gearing doesn't matter. If you go with a full carrier locker; air locker; e-locker; etc. - I'm pretty sure they are gonna be dependant on gear ratio.

I just installed an Aussie in my Chrysler 8.25 29 sp and when the time comes for a front locker I'll probably regear - and it will not affect the Aussie out back.

Back