• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 35 pinion washer?

H8PVMT

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Had to swap yokes on my 35 and when taking off the nut it sounded as if a washer flew off somewhere, a Dana 30 one wouldn't fit and I've read the 35 don't have them but since putting the nut on its just pissing gear oil, found a random washer in the pile of rust under the mj that might be it

So....do they jave one or did I screw up the pinion seal? Just need it to get to an inspection station And then to kens to swap an 8.25 in

you might have screwed up the seal but it's probably the missing washer, and some RTV around the splines before putting the nut on would help too. Is the washer really big?

I wouldn't drive it that way, honestly.

Is the fluid coming out around the neck of the yoke / seal area or inside the yoke by the nut? If you can't tell hose it down with brakleen till it's clean, then give it a short run and see where it leaks from. Either way that nut needs to come back off.

Yeah the washer is large, the oil comes from the bottom of the pinion, with the yoke in, which makes me think it's the seal, unfortunately I have a gravel driveway and the mj is right in front of the landlords picture window
She looked somewhat displeased as I wailed on the old rims with a maul to get them off yesterday

Back