• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 inch Skyjacker???

Steve9

NAXJA Forum User
This is my first write up; however this is not the first time I've been on this site.
I recently installed a 2 inch lift kit on my 2001 Jeep Cherokee Classic. I used a 2" OME front coil springs and it lifted the Jeep the claimed 2 inches. I installed a long add-a-leaf from Skyjacker in the rear. It claims it will lift you Jeep 2" however after installing them on mine i received a total of 4.5 inches of lift...WTF. Today on my way home from work as i was getting up to 55mph my Jeep decided to go into the death wobble. I was only expecting 2 inches of lift so i bought 2* steel shims. Has anyone had these problems before??? Did Quadratec send me the wrong stuff???

This is the rear before the lift...Yes i know i measured it wrong...I measured it from the bottom of the tire to the top of the fender
P8020088.jpg

This is after the lift
P8020092.jpg

Help is greatly needed

It will settle. It is very common to install rear lift and it be 2" or more than it should be. It will settle down. Take it out and flex it some, It will help do it faster.

I knew the rear lift was going to be higher at the start and eventually sag but i never expected it to be that high. I work at Lowes so when i get there today I plan on loading the back up with at least 600 pounds of concrete.

I loaded it up with 900 pound of concrete. This put the rear end of the Jeep 1 inch below the front. I plan on keeping it like this for 2 weeks. I'm getting the Jeep aligned here this week, hopefully this will keep the death wobble away. I need to get things worked out quickly because of going back to college 2 1/2 hours away with driving 3/4 of the way at 70+mph and the the rest are back roads.

who cares what steering stabilizer he uses, they don't do much anyway

Even if it helps just a little it is still something. With good shocks, ball joints, and a stiff stabilizer they all add up and you get a better ride. I took my stabilizer off at one point and i didn't like the way it reacted to bumps in the road; so i put it back on and bought a new one.

From what I've been reading on here getting my jeep aligned will fix my DW...correct me if I'm wrong.

It's usually not one single thing that causes it but a couple or more. I had mine aligned,relocated my track bar, and put a steering stabilizer on it. No more wobble. Mine was getting it just hitting 60mph. No sign of it now.

Well i figured out that mine is "impact initiated" so i hope that after i get it aligned and make sure everything is tightened down that it will go away

Back