• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stupid question involving ABS

swokla

NAXJA Forum User
So i replaced the ujoint under the drivers side tire this past Saturday, in the process i bent the teeth on the toner ring, now my abs is pulsating and pulling hard torward the passenger side when braking and smells like I am smoking the caliper, I have pulled tires off and reset the calipers 3if not 4 times thinking that they needed to be reset but now kinda at a loss cause the sympotms dont change and the pedal starts pulsating aswell when braking as soon as I hit low speeds while braking( around 10 and under mph) wondering if this could be caused by the bent toner ring and the abs sensor reading it and making it pull harder to the passenger side? I have done my research and it says i can oull the fuse to disable my abs but havent done it yet, just unsure what my next steps would be cause unfortunatly I am not familar with ABS systems, I am mechanicaly incined and can fix alsmost anything just need a starting ground and what steps i need to take?
2000xj running 32s

Disable ABS. See if problem still exists.
If not, then it is an issue with the abs system and liekly the bent part.
If the problem is still there then you have a problem with the brake system itself. possibly a stuck caliper or something of the sort....

Pull the relay/fuse

Back