• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fox 2.0s, a few questions..

Jk2xj1

NAXJA Forum User
So I lurk on here quite a bit but I have been slowly using the knowledge I've picked up to do some work on my XJ. Currently I am working on finishing the front suspension. I have a RK 3 link upgrade on the way, some longer brake lines..and I scored a great deal on FoX 2.0s that I will be putting on the front. I did order a set of adapters to mount them at the top for the meantime, but I have a question on mounting them at the bottom eyelet. For one I know the bar pins are not going to work, and I am not opposed to cutting and grinding to make something work properly. Also are there any certain style brackets I could buy prefabed to mount them? I tried searching and looked through the JeepSpeed forum here with no real answer. Thanks in advance..I know someone has got to have some ideas...

what size 2.0's? 10" travels?
what size lift?

at 4.5", to 5.5", ive dropped the mounts to lower on the axle, but fine tuning depends on things like what kinda eyelets on them foxes, they offer 3 differant sizes.

Checkout the jeepspeed forum, any build thread should show how that particular person mounted theirs.

Heres how ive done the last 2: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1016379

Sorry, lift is 4.5ish with the 11" Foxs. The mounting type at the top and bottom i think just take a half inch bolt, at the top I'm using JKS adapters for now. How did you like those T and J brackets?

Last edited:
I made a set of lower bar pin eliminators/shock adapters.

If you have access to a drill press, they were pretty easy to make.

I used 3/4" square stock (you'll need about 4 inches total, but a longer piece like 12" will be easier to work with), 1/2" round stock (about 7-8 inches), 4 spacers I got from OWR... and 4 longer mounting bolts.

Drill 4, 1/2" holes in the square stock about 1" apart. Stick the round stock in the hole and drill bolt holes (5/16" holes if I recall) through both the round and the square stock. Cut off the end of the square stock, and repeat 3 more times. (I used the spacers and a spare spherical joint to determine how far apart the holes need to be on the round stock).

IMG_1565.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

The problem with mounting them at stock height down below, is its gonna cost you up travel. The logistics of it are only a small part of the problem... Check your compressed height, my money is on them not working like that for you. The mere fact of dropping the top mount that 1.5" or so (which is mandatory on foxes, unless you get the pimp versions that mount in stock locations), while keeping your stock lower, means your shocks have to be at least 1.5 shorter fully compressed.... and you said youve got 11's.... im not good at math, and even i know that would be bust in blackjack.

The upper T&J mounts were.... not too well fabbed... to be honest it annoyed me paying that much for something so booty fabbed. But i guess it is what it is...

XCM- I am not sure what "brand" adapters are coming with them, the guys at Poly Performance told me I would lose about 1". Originally I was gonna go with 12" versions, but having the need for a different mount up top I had two options at purchase..1) wait 6 weeks for custom built 12"s that work in stock locations OR..2) buy 11"s with the adapters. Like I said I am not opposed to cutting/welding to make them work, so we will see. I mentioned losing the uptravel to the guy on the phone at Poly (when I was also wanting the 12"s) and he swears the 11"s with adapters will do the trick. I had several calls back and forth with him and FoX, lol I hope they do. I will likely build something off the LCA mount to mount the bottoms.

Last edited:
The problem with mounting them at stock height down below, is its gonna cost you up travel.

I don't disagree.

I'm running 12" short body 7100's.... and in the stock location, I get about 4 inches of up travel. Seems to be enough to stuff the tire into the wheel well. Bump stops, not the shock are limiting. I don't think I need any more up travel. (Got about 5" lift).

I don't claim to be an expert... but it seems to be working ok for me....

I did get to thinking about it though... and I am wondering if I could run the shock adapters I made on the bottom (instead of the top)and get an extra inch that way??

With that length of shocks, I'd say chop the lower mounts and and relocate them down to the LCA bracket tO add a couple inches of travel. That's what I did. You'll just need to swing by a metal shop and get some pre gabbed 3/16ths shock tabs. Get flat, non- radius tabs. I also welded on a bump stop to the lower coil bucket that I made out of 2"x2"x.120w square stock and a piece of 3/16th sheet. Just make sure you do all the math. When I first did this I didn't compensate for the amount Of droop my jeep had, and soon had to re do the front mounts.

If you'd like I can send pics of the set up I can

Yes please. My local guy that helps me out with the fab and welding(he has an awesome set up) has shock mounts already prefabbed he works on Jeeps and buggies so much. I have a feeling we are gonna get everything together and flex it for bumpstops, measure and make sure it is all correct.

rear lower relocated out and down to compensate for uptravel loss.
photo-8-1.jpg

front lower moved down to LCA mount.
photo-9.jpg

i recently redid all this when i put my 7100's on for more droop. but this was with fox 2.0's. works awesome.

I haven't purchased the ones to match on the rear..yet. These things are expensive, lol. The mounting on the front is right in mind with what I was thinking. Thanks for the pics.

I haven't purchased the ones to match on the rear..yet. These things are expensive, lol. The mounting on the front is right in mind with what I was thinking. Thanks for the pics.

Yeah. Just be very careful with measurements. A half inch can make or break your travel. And shocks. Hahahah.

2 tabs off the LCA tab is fine if your going slow.... going fast, they'll rip off.

This isn't a Jeep Speed build, but it does get driven almost daily. I will want something reliable, so it will either be placed lower on the axle or the LCA mount; the wheeling done it isn't using a lot of skinny pedal....

So, after having some time to fab this weekend (still waiting for the RK 3 link to arrive) a friend and I got the shocks mounted up. Pics of the mounted shocks to come in the A.M. Going to clean up some of the edges of the coil mount cut next weekend when I have more of the front suspension loose and out oif the way.

59610168-356B-4847-A8F9-B69186A4A4CC-23509-000018E75B112F58.jpg

7E8CE7D6-B6EB-4773-B9F8-88CB9364797F-23509-000018E753C19151.jpg

They seem to work well there and already there is an improvement in ride quality BUT the top mount or either the shock on the top mount rattle quite a bit. I used the mis-alignment spacers included and even tightend the bolt tighter than I thought it should be but nothing affects the noise and its annoying. So, guess I'll be pulling the upper mount off and checking the bolt provided with that mount.

Pics of the top mounts. I know this is really just a temporary solution, but for now it will have to do. The provided mis alignment spacers aren't tapered, after doing some looking around I may have to run tapered ones in the front to eliminate the rattle I am getting.

4EBF2548-9E2D-433B-A62E-8D1FA7517446-23663-000018F63A5156AC.jpg

D65FCBC4-352B-44C0-913B-1C10B8125470-23663-000018F63E19933D.jpg

Any suggestions to a more permanent solution on the upper mounts?

Back