• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alpine Loop +/-

fallacist

NAXJA Forum User
So based off the thread about CO Fest attendance, I'd like to propose a trip to the SW part of the state, on a weekend. Early-mid September. I'm out there usually 2 weekends out of the month, but I'm only a single rig with a bald spare :doh: I think BV was a great area to have a meet up like that because it's so central.. but:

There's a TON of trails down here, and I never hear you guys talk about the area, which leads me to believe a fair amount of you don't make it down here very often/often enough.

The entire Alpine loop could easily be done in a day. There's camping off of that, theres camping off of Camp Bird Rd(by Ouray).

A great loop would be to take Black Bear into telluride, grab lunch, and then head out through Imogene pass, go check out yankee boy basin and camp off Camp bird rd.

Another day could be spent exploring the Loop, and the network of trails connected to it.

I haven't done Black Bear yet, and my goal is to do it this season one way or another. I almost made it a few weeks back but we got rained out.

Is there any interest in this?

While i won't make this trip any time soon i really want to. Always looks like the idea of what Colorado wheeling is. Thinking next summer camping trip with the siblings/folks.

I'd be interested, we're organizing a late Sept camping/wheeling trip over at COJeeps. I'll propse to the guys we make it for out here instead. I know I can't do 2 trips that month, if it doesn;t pan out its something I'd be up for next year. I'm trying to do more extended wheeling/camping trips.

I'd love to do it. I'm in the midst of finding a job, much depends on that.

I'm getting married in the last weekend, September 29th. The first weekend in September I'll be on a raft trip in Moab. Other than that I'm open for the other 3 weekends!

Keep me updated on the COjeeps trip Dutch, if this doesn't pan out. Or we could always combine?

Its going to be the 29-30th. We are currently planning on running Moody Hill, setting up camp and then running Crystal Mountain. There are a few easier/scenic trails there too that we'll hit up on Sunday after tearing down camp.

Back