• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 axle shaft dimensions

metalman

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting custom axles made for an 8.25". I know there are companies that make alloy shafts, but I need a different flange on the axle, and after a dozen phone calls to different companies, they all either said "No" or "Call Dutchman", and I can't get the stockers redrilled because the flange isn't big enough for a 5 on 5 lug pattern.

So

Does anyone have a resource that lists all the dimensions for the 29 spline shafts? I've searched all over, found the length, and a few list the spline dimension, but I also need the bearing journal and hopefully the width of the bearing journal. I have an axle to measure, but its fairly worn out, and I was hoping to find a resource that I could check my measurements against since we're talking 100ths or less here, and I'd rather not try to guess how much of the axle shaft has been worn away over the years.

Thanks

Back