• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Does an Aussie for the 8.25 require a new cross pin?

Well alright then, if this is all I need looks like I will be installing tonight then! thanks Hard to believe such a little guy does such work.

134336d1343747169t-does-aussie-8-25-require-new-cross-pin-image-879803729.jpg

Just an FYI, Spartan lockers come with a new hardened cross pin.

That's what I was basing my limited winch knowledge on. Only really seen those installed so I was under the influence that all came with a pin.

I think in the instructions for the Aussie it tells you to measure the cross pin for wear with a micrometer. If it is out of range then they tell you to replace it with another from the dealer.

When I installed mine I was right on the cutoff for needing it replaced, but I reused the old on anyway. I havent had any major issues, but I do notice a bit of a jerk when I let off or hit the gas pedal suddenly when at cruising speed....pretty minor though.

my Powertrax came with a new cross pin - it is beveled on one end to allow it to slowly compress the saddle springs when installing it. i've never installed an Aussie, but from the pics it looks like you have the same spring setup...could be a touchy job getting a flat surfaced cross pin past those springs w/o chewing them up.. just my .02
edit: i am talking about the 8.25
edit: whoa, nvm. after looking at the instructions, the Aussie spring setup is different. looks like you can use the stock pin. okay, i need to wake up still lol.

Last edited:
I just installed my Aussie the other day. FWIW - I went ahead and picked up a new center pin as mine had some visible wear on it. Figured another $25-$30 was cheap peace of mind when it comes to functionality and warranty on the locker.

Back