• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

axle question

DarkPaladin

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I posted this on another forum as well, looking for help.

The drivers side axle on my daughter's 2000 cherokee classic has a bad U joint. I can get a CV axle for it instead of the Ujoint. It says it's for the quadra drive. But it doesn't have that. But she'll be driving it in 4wd all winter in Alaska here. It would be easier for her to steer if she had the CV type as it won't want to bind and jerk in the parking lots that are cleared. She's not going to offroad it.

I'm thinking of rebuilding the Ujoint axle and keeping it for a spare for my 03 rubicon.

Any issues with switching hers over? And does a D44 use the same shafts as the D30?

Thanks for the help guys!

I wouldn't bother changing it over, the difference will be minimal if not nonexistant. The binding of a 4x4 on solid ground while turning is more due to the tires (all 4) having to cover different amounts of ground. The overcome that issue on the quadras by putting a viscous couple in the t-case. If you have the 242 tcase you shouldn't have any issues as long as you're in the correct 4x4 mode.

Yes but I can get a whole CV axle for 48.00 IS the main reason. Then I could possibly save the other axle for my Rubicon. Hers has the 231 TC.

Back