• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pierson Park Trail

RangerRick

NAXJA Forum User
This trail (FS 119) is rated as a 3-4 and is all of that. It is about the best beginners trail I've been on. Starting from Estes Park area to Meeker Park area. Steep climes with gnarly spots are doable with open front and rear diffs. (If you pick the right line and get out to asses some of the down hill lines.) Don't go alone if you've only been on a trail or two. Close the gate at the top. Get instructions from TrailDamage.com and bring them with you. The trail head is 4-5 Miles or so from Hwy 34 on paved and gravel roads. The trail is sparsely marked so follow the most used tracks. My track yesterday followed horse droppings, bicycle tracks (which I past a group kids and adults about 3 miles up the trail), and a heard of cattle (that wanted to race me through a meadow). Plan on 2 1/2 to 3 hours on the trail. I clocked 8.8 miles on just the trail. I'll do this trail again, for sure!

Back