• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to de-pin front harness connector?

N8N_99xj

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Got a used front harness for a 99 with fog lights, going to use it on my 99 SE. some of the light sockets on the "new" harness are bad. Am thinking of keeping my old harness but adding fog wiring to it rather than splicing all the sockets. How do I get the pins for the fog wiring out of the multi pin connector so I can move them over? (Yes I know the stock wiring sucks, I'll be doing a relay harness after I get it working stock.)

Bump, finally got a chance to take pics (been working for something like 12 days straight now, and should be working at the moment but would like to get back to the Heep and make some progress.)

This is the connector on the "new" harness, what I'd like to do is to take just the fog light wiring out of this one and put it into my original one. But I don't know how to deal with this connector. thanks!

2012-08-04_13-21-09_138.jpg

I'm sure it's probably not hard, I just don't know the trick.

You need to pull that red piece that seperates the pins in the second pic. A small dental pick should be able to wiggle it right out. Then you should be able to see how the pins are retained.

bump, finally had a chance to mess with this today, anyone done this? I still can't figure out how to get this apart without breaking it, I may just cut all the wires and solder splice them to the new connector (I'd have done it already but it's raining out today so I can't actually work on the heep)

Back