• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sorry but Fullwidth d44 front rim/steering question

xj bmx

NAXJA Forum User
So I am just finishing up my Ford 9" swap in ths rear and need to buy tires and wheels so I can put it on the ground and start on the front.

Now I'm wondering what size rims and back space you guys are running with full width 44s and how it clears the steering and what steering you are running and such. Vs how wide it looks. Pictures please!

I've had my heart (and wallet) set on ordering a set of spyderlocks in 17x9 but when I found that they only come in 3.5" bs I got sorta pissed because they are so damn sexy but I feel it may tun my Jeep into a off road roller skate.

I could go with trail ready since they have 4.5" and 5" bs rims but I'm not to fond of them and can't see spending that on a rim I'm not in love with. But I may have no choice or go with steelies unless 3.5 isent as bad as the pictures that turned up in google but that may of been the tire/lift that made it look like that.

Also ill be running a 37x12.5 Goodyear MT/RK, and building a f150 hp44 and with redi hi
Steer knuckles later on.
One more thing if it is possible to use a smaller rim and still keep the wheels in that would be a nice money saver.

Sorry its alittle scrambled of a post but.I'm a.d.d so o well.

I dd mine, I run h2 wheels full width 60/44
4587d0ec-6570-e521.jpg
4587d0ec-6632-d6df.jpg

Damn that's perfect, what steering are you running?

Nevermind, I found your build, I guess 5" is it unless someone has 3.5 that don't look too gooffy.

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm set on TrailReady since I discovered they are 100% made in the usa. I sill would like to see some other steering/wheel setups.

Damn XJLI good shit, what tire size and estimate lift hight? Tho your h2s look a lot wider than customizers. Are they all 5.5" bs?

As for oher companies building wheels, spyderlock even has the reason why they only make 3.5" bs in their FAQ.

Around 6" lift and I'm assuming the same... I just don't have a full bumper or big bushwacker fenders. And sucks about the wheels, most places do custom.

Last edited:
They are 15x10's. At first I wasn't sure about the width, but I really like how stable it feels with 6.5" of lift. I considered dropping the lift down a couple inches, but it seems to work well where it's at. Once I upgrade my axle shafts, I'll probably go up to 37-39" tires

Will, if you could would you go with 5.5 or 6" bs? Also what's your tire/rim lift setup? I tryed trolling your posts but didn't realy find any info haha.

This is great this is the same information I am look to gather to be prepared when i do my ford 9 and d44 upgrade

Back