• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thermostat housing question with head swap...

Paintballpsyco2369

NAXJA Forum User
To sum up where I am at now, I am doing a 7120 head conversion on my Renix engine to make the 99+ intake and Banks headers upgrade easier. I am also doing an alternator relocation upgrade, and custom AC adaptation which leads to my question for those of you who have done either something similar, or have any experience with this.

Should I use the thermostat housing from the Renix, or the one that I got with the donor head and may I ask why you used that one?

If it does end up being the donor one, I will be replacing it as it is pretty pitted. I like the Renix one though, it seems to be a larger body, and steel and I don't have to plug an extra hole in it like I would if I used the newer one... Any thoughts or input on this is greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Paint

I think the belt may be rubbing the housing, I had it all loosely laid over the pulleys, and held hand tight, and the power steering pump loosely bolted in, going to end up replacing it I think, the pump I mean... I am wondering, when you did yours, how did you avoid the rubbing on the thermostat housing? Was thinking perhaps a slightly smaller power steering pump pulley, or something along those lines maybe... Any thoughts or suggestions maybe? Thanks again,

Paint

Never had a rubbing issue with the belt tensioned properly.

It looks like in my case I'm going to have to swap it out for the later one. Unless I am somehow routing the belt wrong or something... Happen to have a pic of how you ran the belt after doing that? The one way I think I have it figured out to get it tensioned properly, I THINK it's going to turn the pump in reverse. Dug my manuals out earlier today (since I lost my digital versions on my laptop HD that died had to find the books again lol) so will see what I can piece together from those...

Thanks again for all you help in my threads.

Paint

Back