• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts/reviews on Powertrax 8.25 locker?

I loved the No-slip in my old 8.25. Much quieter then friends jeeps with aussie/lockrite in the rear. Mine never made a sound on the road and always locked up great offroad. I think you'll find a lot of people that recommand the no-slip over other lunchbox lockers for the 8.25.

Mine is stone cold silent onroad and works great offroad. You will want to do some reading/research about installation however because the instal instructions are poor. There was some talk awhile back about the no-slip going out of production so you may want to buy a rebuild kit (which consists of replacement springs) or two while they are available.

I loved the No-slip in my old 8.25. Much quieter then friends jeeps with aussie/lockrite in the rear. Mine never made a sound on the road and always locked up great offroad. I think you'll find a lot of people that recommand the no-slip over other lunchbox lockers for the 8.25.
id buy the aussie for 200 less and deal with the clicking, mine worked mint

The power trax no slip is a good locker. Had one in my old 96 and now in my 01. Works well off road and is pretty quiet on road. I thought the install was pretty simple but then I've been wrenching for 40 years. Easy driveway job. Consider upgrading the the 29 spline 8.25 at the same time if you have a 96 or older XJ, also if you ever thought of rear discs do it at the same time.

funny you mention, I actually have a D35 currently. I have a 29 spline 8.25 I pulled from the yard in the garage, adding the discs to it now. That was thought behind the locker, just getting it done while the axle is out.

Been very happy with mine. Be careful with the active spacers during the install. If you install them just slightly off, they will break and make your locker useless. Other than that, when it's installed properly, it works perfectly.

Been very happy with mine. Be careful with the active spacers during the install. If you install them just slightly off, they will break and make your locker useless. Other than that, when it's installed properly, it works perfectly.

X100

I don't know if the Aussie is any different then any other brand, but what took me 10 minutes in my buddies 44, took me 90 on my 8.25. The space is very limited, and trying to mess with dropping the C clip in and you have a 1/16 of an inch to work with. Just all in all a very tight fit.

funny you mention, I actually have a D35 currently. I have a 29 spline 8.25 I pulled from the yard in the garage, adding the discs to it now. That was thought behind the locker, just getting it done while the axle is out.

That's exactly what I did. Super convenient. I also added Yukon shafts and new seals.

Back