• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rubber window seals/whiskers

wgregt

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone ever replaced the rubber trim that goes around all of the cabin windows that roll up/down? Just about all of mine is cracked and missing large chunks. I was @ the junkyard today getting yet another seat belt, and remembered pretty much every window in my 88 XJ needed the rubber tracking/whiskers replaced. Saw lots of possible donors, but I'm betting this is something I should buy new with no sun damage to them at all maybe?

So...each window has to come out? PITA job? Any idea about cost @ the dealer?

You can find the weatherstipping at TeamCherokee.com. They're not cheap but they are new.

Some you can change with the window in place. Some you'll need to pull the window.

It can be depending on how many you need swapped out. Like you, many of mine are pretty bad. The problem I saw was JY finds I came across are in just as bad shape.

The really bad ones on mine are the front windows which restricts us to 96 or older.

I used the exterior window wipes from a ZJ on my 89 XJ 2Dr.

Or maybe it was a newer model XJ 2Dr 96-2000.

Anyway they worked with a little modification.

Back