• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2wd to 4wd? possible?

MR.CRENDE

NAXJA Forum User
Hello guys, my name is Lucas and i'm new to the forum...:rof: Well i got the question if it's possible to swap a D30 to my 2wd without major fab. I have own a 91 4wd xj and i lift it and did everything my self. But i want to doble check with people that know moreandhad play with xj a bit more.

THANKS LUCAS

It's really easy. I did a writeup on it, search under the Advanced Search for my user name and some search term to that effect. Pretty sure it was one of the first posts i ever made on here.

Swap D30 in place of 2wd beam, swap 2wd trans for a 4wd trans/t-case, install front/rear drive shafts (4wd shaft will be shorter), Install 4wd shifter linkage.
That is the abridged version.

Well, the Factory did it every day. Sort of. All of the 4wd parts bolt into a 2wd Heep. Walker gave a good list. Check your local Pull & Pay for the parts or shop your local chapters For Sale.

Not a difficult task, just time consuming plus Heavy Metal.

Thanks guys. I knew that it was possible, but wanted to make sure.before i take my dd apart. Now what transfer case is better the np231 or np 242?
Thanks guys.

Neither. Just get what you can get the best deal on. You should use the "Search" button above, these are all very common questions.

Back