• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy 44 front and Dana 60 Rear.

Pronage

NAXJA Forum User
got a good(ish) deal on a 44 front wagoneer and dana 60 rear from a waggy. The dude only put spacers on the front to match the width of the rear.

My question is. Is it a good set up for an XJ or should i split them (hese willing to sell separate) maybe the 44 front and try my luck with finding a matching rear. Or i could shave the 60 but would that be worth the trouble?

Thanks.

Pr0nag3

Buy the front, then find an 8.8 or a matching 44 for the rear.

I run a 44 front (5-lug conversion) and an 8.8 with adapters out back.

You can also get custom shafts to change the bolt pattern.

Depends.. whats been done to them and what is the 60 out of? Waggy 44s can be found for the rear pretty easily for a matching rear. (at least around here).

Around here all I find is amc 20 from waggys. Both are factory really no lockers or anything. Would be building them up myself.

Thanks for the replys!

According to JP magazine, the waggy amc 20 is stronger than the 44? I know the ring gear is larger. The amc 20 gets a bad rap from the 2 piece shaft cj version, they are not the same.

Buy the front, then find an 8.8 or a matching 44 for the rear.

I run a 44 front (5-lug conversion) and an 8.8 with adapters out back.

You can also get custom shafts to change the bolt pattern.

If you get the semi-float alloy shaft kit for the 8.8 you don't need the spacers.

Really depends on what you're trying to do. If you're daily driving you probably don't want the added width of that 60 and trying to match the 44 to it. If you're building a trail rig, the 60 will be a stronger option than a 44 or an 8.8 and can be shaved to provide more clearance than the boat anchor diff of a ford.

Its going to be a weekend warrior and DD. I have bushwacker flairs that might just be wide enough to keep it semi-legal. I probably could find an amc 20 pretty easy and keep the width down, as long as its not a crap axle.

Back