• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who likes Rusty's

Hand in the air!!! I got a complete rusty's long arm lift love it pure beef puts every other kit I have seen in second place... well worth the coin

I think it depends on how hard you wheel maybe or the terrain. I was just cruzin there site trying to see if i want anything worth ordering. I havent ran Rubicon but had Rough country and not really impressed with the noise the joints and bushing make whole lot of creaky going on and yup they are lubed. Just curious not trying to stir the koolaid

for joints go with Currie.

I have been happy with the few Rusty's products I have owned. their steering box brace is good, been running it for a while.

I had their transmission x-member and t-case skid, and for stock location replacements they are great.

the website says corona.

if you are going to get their joints, call up Gerald at Savvy offroad. he is in yorba linda, great guy and his prices are usually the best.

Maybe u should tell me why? Cause im pretty sure they are with the exception of one having curries name and one with rusty's! Been wrong before so post up I wanna see ur reason!

for starters, Rusty's uses a threaded body with an adjuster just like RE, something that can and will work loose. Currie uses a snap ring and thrust washer, as long as the snap ring is seated all the way, they won't come out.

there is something to be said for adjustability, however setting the pre-load properly to avoid premature wear on a joint like that is an exercise in futility.

also, Rusty's uses a hard delrin race that will transmit NVH and wear faster, Currie uses a proprietary urethane race that will absorb NVH.

Currie also offers a billet 4140 version of their 2.5" joints that have Chemically polished center-balls for less race wear.

and currie invented the cartridge joint (John Currie, hence the name 'Johnny Joint')

pretty much the only thing they have in common is the color

I see it, it has the dealers that sell them the old site had them when you click on your part then the price was from them direct ok nevermind

Last edited:
I love Rusty's stuff. As has been mentioned, they have had issues with a few things, but for a budget kit, you can hardly go wrong.

I’ve had my Rusty's lift on since 2007 and I’ve put it through hell, believe me. I have run just about every trail around, I’ve gone fast, gone slow, through mud, over boulders, etcetera. The Rusty's stuff just keeps on ticking.

I did eventually break my track bar (one of the known problem areas) and have since replaced that with an RE unit. The springs are flexy and don’t sag, though, and the other components are tough as nails.

I would buy Rusty's again and recommend to a friend. Just get a different track bar. :D

Well, yea, but if you plan on making The Hammers your regular wheeling spot, you likely won't be donning your rig with a $700 Rusty's kit. His stuff is great for moderate to hard wheeling, but difficult stuff requires different equipment.

for starters, Rusty's uses a threaded body with an adjuster just like RE, something that can and will work loose. Currie uses a snap ring and thrust washer, as long as the snap ring is seated all the way, they won't come out.

That's not completely true, As i have been dealing with the snap ring coming apart. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me, kind of annoying.

Back