• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacing the track bar and bracket

LYKOS

NAXJA Forum User
How big of a PITA is it?

Got my new IRO double keep shear in and am trying to decide if I want to do it today in the 90* heat or not.

Any tips or tricks??

I have that. There are instructions and there are people who've done it and screwed it up. The ones who've screwed it up are the ones I wanna hear from. :confused: lol

Ratchet strap. Good idea. This might not be a good gravel driveway job...

As long as bolts come out with no issues, should be no problem. I recommend removing the airbox for better access to the bolts for the frame side bracket.
Key to it is to get close to the correct length as possible, then have someone turn the wheel to help line it up.

That helps as I was going to do it by myself.

My dads coming in next week so Ill put his geriatric ass to work helping me.

Thanks for the responses. :thumbup:

I removed and replaced mine on a gravel driveway. the two outside top are just nuts on a captured ubolt plate ... so don't bother trying to loosen the two bolt head in the similar location inside the frame rail like I did.
The nuts are 18mm, and the two bolts on the inside that come up from the bottom of the bracket are also 18mm. I just undid the axle end of the tracbar and pulled those four nuts/bolts and pulled the whole works out. It may hang up on the outer studs as there is tight clearence between the bracket and the spring, but it will come out if you wiggle it, just a little bit ... :D

Hose the fasteners down with PB blaster for a few days first, you'll appreciate it when oyu do the job.

I'm still shifted to the drivers side but now that the new stuff is in it's a lot easier to monkey with. set it, drive it, measure it, reset it, redrive it, remeasure it ... rinse repeat until you are happy with it. I had it centered (I thought) until I went for a drive and noticed i was out again once it had resettled.

Back