• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tires

slikinchiken

NAXJA Forum User
i have a stock 90 xj...i was wondering if a set of 31 X 10.5 tires would fit on a set of 15 X 10 rims and be okay....the reason i want 31's are because i am looking at getting a 2 inch budget lift sometime but am in bad need of tires first.....any info would help...thanks

they won't fit. I run 30 10.50s with a budget boost and i rub on the control arm when turning sharp. i know if i put in 31s it would be even tighter. If you can wait till you get the lift for the tires. or try and get used tires just to hold you over.

my 89 is running 30 9.50's on stock even at full lock they dont rub.

DARKFLY said:
my 89 is running 30 9.50's on stock even at full lock they dont rub.

Ya that extra inch seems to do it. I just barely rub. It sounds like a cow bell. CLANGA CLANGA CLANGA love those third lugs on a super swamper.:rolleyes:

that inch is nice. now if i had that extra inch on my 85 4runner that would be nice full lock and about rip the fender off. just on the third lug :D .

15x10'S are to wide for a 10.5 wide tire. You will be better off with a 6, 7, or 8" wide wheel.

Just for reference:
I did a 2" lift on my wife's 2000 XJ just to get the 15X8 Baja's w/3.5" BS to clear on 30X9.50 AT's. I don't think anyone under about 4"-4.5" of lift should even consider 15X10's. Like Vug said,15X6,7, or 8's and you could probably squeeze 'em in there. Just don't expect mondo flex W/O serious rubbing *somewhere* :)

so what i am gathering is that 15X10 rims wouldnt work with 31X10.5 tires....i know that i can put 30X9.5s on my stock rims, but what about the 30X9.5 on the 15X10 rims? or is it not possible to run the 15X10s at all?? thanks again for the info

please disregard that last post...i had a brain fart...if 15X10s are too wide for 10.5 then it surely is for too wide for 9.5's....anyways, i had the rims given to me and would like to use them....what tires could i use with these rims with a 2 inch lift?? or maybe a 3 inch....thanks once again

A good rule of thumb is, the wider the rim, the shorter and wider the tire will be and vice versa. I think the best fit is 31" to 35", use an 8" rim. For a shorter tire go with a 7"er.;)

Back