• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Needing some help with travle.

AJTorris

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so a bit about my jeep. 1993 xj. I have RE5.5 leafs with 3 in boomerang shackles in the rear with adjustable mx6, a modified rock krawler 3 link into a ylink on one side with 6 in springs that have saged a bit and 2 in spacers. I have 12in travle bilstien 7100s. my front shock mounts on the axle side are modifed a bit lower than stock location. I have a HNT style sye with a front driveline on the rear.

With the set up i have I have great clearence and flex up front. My front shocks at full droop will stop just when my coils become loose. To me that is just about perfect right? I need to bump stop it i know for sure because my tire rubs at full compression. I still have some shock left to compress also.

Question #1

If i bring up my shock mount to allow more droop would that be a benifit or no? It will allow more flex but the spring will be loose in there. So there is no jeep weight on the tire at full droop. Is that still benificial or no?

Question #2

My leafs do flex some but not as much as i figured. Mounts are stock mounts. Im thinking maybe a relocation box for the back mount. Would that allow more flex out of my rear? Maybe take a leaf out of the pack? My shocks are not limiting it that i am aware of. I have flexed it out and still had some shock left on up and down travle.

If your coils already come loose, you do not want anymore down travel. That leads to unloading and bad news bears. I would definitely consider some limit straps.
For the rear, are you sure your drive shaft has more distance to extend?

Back