• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spring creek wednesday

From what I've been reading you're not going to get much of test on that one anymore. I'd join you but I work on Wed's.

Has spring creek really been made easier? I've read here that the boulder field isnt what it used to be, though I dont know what that was. I never made it up that far in my old CJ before having to turn back due to snow. That was 7-8 years ago.

yep. I have done it twice in the past month or so and even between those times it has gotten easyer. The rocks are just moving. Eventually they will move to make it difficult again I think. or who ever is incharge of the trail (the ones that adop it not BLM or whatever) will maybe re construct the obstical.

I still think Spring Creek is an awesome trail. Sure it is not as hard as it used to be, but you still can find some parts to challenge yourself. And for most hard spots there are bypasses.

If you are looking for great sightseeing, once at the top of Spring Creek, turn right to go down into Georgetown. That is an easy logging trail that offers some spectacular views (just be sure to keep one eye on the trail).

Just make sure to duct tape your kidneys in place before going down that road, it'll shake them loose otherwise.

I ended up running Spring creek last Saturday right after the flooding rains...lol...my fuel pump was taking a shyt so I lacked some of what little power the 4.0 offers , And could only manage to get about 3/4 the way up the far left line due to lack of speed , which the slab is not a crawl after this kind of rain it's pure throttle and hope you don't roll ..the base is full of mud and standing water and the slab still had water trickling down it ...Despite the lack of power issue I attempted it and almost made it about 5 out of 20 attempts ...lol...and burnt my ATF in the process , And nearly rolled it 3 times and manage a couple 4ft wheel stands ...This obstacle is on the to do again list after I get the jeep fixed and it rains like that again there , because it was the most fun I've had with the jeep in 2 years . My buddy tried it starting with the sissy line and flopped it good the first try...15 inches of lift and a homebrew suspension that favors body roll and one back tire dropping into a hole + no exo cage = a caved in roof line and B-pillar ...no seaqt belts on eithe driver or passenger and driver ended up sitting in passengers lap ...and a 100 lb steel floor jack not tied doen smnacked his passenger in the head luckily not killing him .but left him looking like a unicorn with the biggest knot i've ever seen on a human head ...I hate seat belts ,But man...lol...you got to wear them when driving hard .

Back