• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

e-brake equilizer assembly

Outlander560

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know of a company that makes the parking brake adjustment assembly? This assembly is composed of the bracket, equalizer rod, equalizer locknut, and the equalizer. My problem is that this whole assembly is totally rotted out with rust, and while trying to adjust it i snapped the bolt. anyone have any idea where i could get one. last resort would be the junkyard but who's to say i dont have the same problem all of those..any help would be much appreciated. and if you have one forsale let me know

post a wanted ad and have someone from the south grab you one.

You're not going to find one other than the dealership, maybe, and probably at a stupid price.

What year? I can find you all the part numbers, but it'll probably cost $$$$$$ from the dealer like 87manche said.

I would hit the junkyard and find a cleanish one. IIRC 84-96 (maybe different on early years) all use the same assembly and 97-01 use a different one. MJs also use their own design.

When I broke the adjustment rod on my MJ I built a new one with an eye bolt, some threaded rod, and some nuts and washers.

looks like you want 5212 8185 (adjuster rod thing) and possibly 4423 264 (the equalizer bar.) Might also need a few other parts:
* 4423 735 teflon washer, id 3/8" od 3/4" thickness 25thou
* 0274 865 spacer
* 6030 607 nut, hex flange lock, 5/16-18 (any 5/16-18 flanged lock nut will work)

If you make it yourself make sure to tack weld the looped end of the eye bolt together if it wasn't welded by the manufacturer. There is a LOT of tension on those cables when the brake is set and if you don't weld the loop closed it'll probably bend open.

I have the BRACKET (just the bracket) for an MJ. Would that work? Not a spot of rust on it. Shipping. PM me.

Back