• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 4.0 install into 88 mj help!!!!!!!!!!!

mjdavis31

NAXJA Forum User
So ill start with a little history a year ago i installed a 91 4.0 and an ax 5 i bought an entire jeep for 200 bux so i figured why not i got it in fine and ran it for awhile recently it blew the head gasket near the same time a friend of mine picked up a wrecked 96 cherokee with nice int. and a 4.0 with 98,000 miles on its super clean and runs really good all stock old lady owned i traded an extra ford dana 60 front or it so......

tonight i pulled the engine and both harnesses i plan on putting the engine and the harnesses out of the 96 into my mj looking at it i noticed one fuel line so i am gonna need to probbaly pulll the pump and put it in my jeep ill build a new fuel line.

The main question is does any one know of any major issues i might run into and what are some of there possible solutions

ofcoarse some of the people on here will say just buy a 4.0 commanche and be done with it but there really isn't any around so i made one. thanks for any help

Back