• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE

XJ_sport_315

NAXJA Forum User
Hey folks, got a 98 xj 4L automatic trans, 4.5 lift on 31`s, wanted to know if i put an SYE on my t/c (231) would i be able to use a front drive shaft out of another xj? sorry if this has been discussed i couldnt locate another post in this regards! Thanks for the help!

Out of an auto xj, yes.

yeah a auto front shaft should work with the sye or you can search for a 5 speed TC crossmember and that should give you the drop you need. when i did my sye i used a auto stock front shaft but had to get it re-tubed longer because i did a 8.8 swap at the same time.

Awesome thank alot for $$ saving tips! now should i consider this a temp solution till i can afford a custom shaft? or can the front d/s withstand the pressures of wheeling? also forgot to mention my rear is Chrysler 8.25 will that matter any?

If the front auto shaft doesn't work, hit the wrecker and find a V8 ZJ front shaft ... it'll be too long likely but it's cheaper to shorten a shaft than it is to lengthen one. I found when I used my front shaft it was at the limit of it's working length at 4.5-5" and I was going to 5.5" it'd work but it's not ideal in my books.
I'm currently rolling a ZJ V8 front shaft shortened by a local fab shop for ~$40 vibe free to 100kph so far.

Back