• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf spring issue...What is wrong with this picture?

It looks like it has no weight on the springs, put the jeep in the ground(add weight possibley) and do your final tighting of the bolts after.

I had the same issue with mine and I assumed that you couldn't use the OEM shackles. I installed some boomerangs as such > but I read somewhere they go in this direction < with them point towards the rear bumper. So what you guys are saying is to do a proper install you have jack the jeep up, get the screw in, load with weight to expand the springs, then tighten?

I had the same issue with mine and I assumed that you couldn't use the OEM shackles. I installed some boomerangs as such > but I read somewhere they go in this direction < with them point towards the rear bumper. So what you guys are saying is to do a proper install you have jack the jeep up, get the screw in, load with weight to expand the springs, then tighten?
Boomerang shackles' apexes should point toward the front of the vehicle, as they're designed to limit/prevent interference with the unibody.

Dont mean to hijack this thread but sounds like I have some work to do this weekend then. I hope to get my shackles to reach when I place them in the right direction.

Boomerang shackles' apexes should point toward the front of the vehicle, as they're designed to limit/prevent interference with the unibody.

like so ... these are the 1" BDS variety
IMAG0255.jpg

Back