• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poly Motor & Transmission Mounts (for '91 XJ) Sources?

X E Ryder

NAXJA Forum User
Hello XJ folks,

I noticed my exhaust head-pipe was resting on the cross-member, so I gently jacked on the pipe/catalytic converter mount (tied to the transmission) and the trans comes right up off the cross-member and the rubber there looks all rotten.

Well I did some looking around on the retailers I am aware of and I have not been able to locate a Poly trans mount for my AW4 '91 XJ.

There are plenty of sites which offer Poly trans mounts, but the years never match up and the mount looks like the wrong shape for my year, or does not show available.

As long as I am doing the trans I will swap motor mounts too, and I understand all three mounts are prone to failure if any harsh driving - is this right?

Is there a high quality rubber set available? I would prefer quality rubber so I don't have any more vibration than now - I've got enough of that already. hehe Anyhoo, what do you all prefer and have time tested?

Thank you!

i got mine from poly performance a yr or so ago, made by daystar if i remember right.

mines a 91 aw4 also BTW

Found it!

Thank you for the heads up.

Looks like I was a little confused by the totally different look of the Daystar poly mount layout...

41VK2ecgIPL._SS400_.jpg

Then when you look at the OEM style factory rubber which I finally found at Team Cherokee thanks to another awesome NAXJA member...

10088-52002334a.jpg

It looks a lot different with the offset rubber versus single chunk of poly like the Daystar.

I'm hoping the provision for mounting the exhaust is still retained but I guess I won't know until I tear it down to put the mount in.

^^what he said, it's a separate plate that sits between the mount and the trans.

Back