• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tre part number

dcampbell98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Alright wel I have a 98 xj classic and recently installed my lift kit. Since then while turning at low speed I get a popping sound. Everything was torqued properly and installed right. Iv looked over everything while my buddy turns the wheel. The only thing that seems to have play in it is the TRE coming off of the pitman arm. Is this a special TRE or is there a specific part number I need to pick up?

You posted in OEM tech. That means that your rig is "Stock" with some sort of "Stock" issue.

Lifting a vehicle is considered a "Modification".

You didn't give much information on the lift. Who makes it? Size lift?
Did you replace the drag link, or is it a "Stock" part?
If stock, did you try going to a parts store site and looking up the part yourself?

So, back to this noise thing...

When does the noise occur?
Is it repetitive, or does it pop once when you turn the wheel?

If once, the most common source of a "popping noise" after lifting is the track bar ends not being torqued correctly or loose/bad.

Last edited:
Its a 3.5" OME hybrid kit with a new JKS adjustable track bar, adjustable arms and sway bar disconnects. The rest of the steering components are stock and iv double checked all the bolts and torque. Everything is correct and iv had an alignment done. No vibrations or other sounds. And it only pops while turning at low speed. Like said previously iv looked at everything and the only thing with play in it seems to be that TRE off of the pitman arm.

I put grease in everything when I installed the lift last month and topped it off last week

Block your wheels, and look carefully for interference of moving metal parts while having someone turn your steering fully about.

Go to any parts store website, enter your vehicle's information, and look under steering components for "at pitman arm". 52005739 or ES3096L for OEM/Crown or Moog respectively.

Back