• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj fuel pump ???'s

MOUNTAIN XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 97 Xj and moved the factory tank into the rear cargo when I stretched and linked the rear (so the fuel pump is easy to get to)
95f1a2c1.jpg
don't pay attention to duct tape the wheel wells were not 100% done but I was going to Moab dammitt
!!. When I went to fire it up and do a final suspension test before Moab it ran for a second from fuel In line and died. I tested the power line At fuel pump plug and got 6 volts so I figured while playing the frame I melted the line somewhere. So I ran a new line from relay output back to the pump and it fired up and I loaded on trailer an went to Moab. While wheeling it would die and if I wiggled the wire it woe kick back on (real fun to do while going down obstacles :). So I got home and tapped it into my stereo amplifier power wire to pin point short. Still does it. Long story short it has a 3 foot wire from amp power supply to pump so short has to be in pump assembly. Here's my question--- if I take out the pump is there any where the wire normally connects and could be lose ? I'm not gonna Waste $$ if I can fix this my self.
Side note I made new wheel wells
62db33e3.jpg
and had to reground all the wires in back of cargo area but I've made sure it's a good ground. (I originally thought bad ground since I only got 6volts when testing)

Sorry for puking out a lonnng post :puke: but wanted to give y'all the information.
Thanks for any help. :cheers:

Back