• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MMMMMmmmm.... Beeeeeer......

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
..... And Reese's Peanut-Butter Cups......

So howzit bra?

It's 1:00 in the am.......

The bad:

Well it's 1:00 in the am.

I think I did close to 80 hours at work this week. I haven't done that in probably 10 or more years. I'm beat.

And to top it off we had house guests from Portland up until Wednesday. I like them, it's just when I got home from work I just wanted to go to bed and they wanted to party..... Ughhhhh.... Burning the candle at both ends. We had a retirement party for a guy at work on Thursday, and just taking the time to stop for half an hour I wanted to just fall asleep.

The good:

Well it's 1:00 in the am.

I think I've had about 12 beeeeeeeers tonigt. I lost count like 3 beers ago.:cheers:

But I put on my big boy panties and went to work.

Changed out the valve cover gasket. It was leaking. Took about 1/2 an hour.... That was easy!

Then I took on the infamous oil filter adapter o-rings. They was leaking too.

I read up as much as I could about the process here on NAXJA..... Pssshhhh, What a bunch of crybabies. Everyone talking about how hard it was. Breaking tools, breaking bolts, breaking knuckles. Talking about using heat or breaker bars or having a buddies help..... Wimps.

I swear it took less than 20 minutes to R&R the adapter. And that included stopping to piss out a beer then hitting the fridge for a replacement.

Seriously tho, I couldn't have done it properly without all those here in NAXJA who tackled this job before me.

So to all of you who have done an adapter o-ring replacement, I raise my beer to you (what is this # 14? 15? ooof...)

Reason being, is I read what everyone else went through and came up with a custom tool that I made that simply popped the bolt off first try. No grunting, no hassle, no broken bolts, no skinned knuckles.

Look for it in the for sale section in a couple days....

Easy peasy lemon squeezy....

Of course while I was there, I had to do an oil change.

OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! OH! ......And I found out what that horrible grinding noise is whan I turn on the A/C..... My idler pulley bearing is going tits-up! YAAAAY!!! Oh well it's an easy fix....

Anywayyyyyyyyyy.... I'm off to get another beer while the heep cools down so I can start on flushing the cooling system. Got a very small leak in there somewhere as well. Gotta fix it. I might get to bed before 3 am.

I love working on my Jeep. This is the most relax-i-ment I've had all week.

Again thanx NAXJA peeps for all the input.....

So what did you do to your Jeep today?

Or to put it another way.... How many beeeeeers have you had?
/rant!!!1

Well its 1:23 "in the AM" lol...
I haven't started drinking............
YET! But I probably won't go out an work on the Jeep right now, I would be in the driveway with no lights and it just wouldn't be productive or fun. But I am waiting on an A/C condensor and reciever dryer so the thing will make my nipples hard again! That's always nice when its hot out.

Good times.

Could Chrysler have picked a more EFED up place to put a drainCOCK?

Did I just say that?.......:dunce:

Speaking of which, the mocking birds are going ape-shit here.... Horny bastages...... And now I smell a skunk.

Last edited:
While I'm waiting let me relate my experience with the parts monkey at the parts store two days ago......

I won't name the parts store, but it starts with an N and ends with APA....

Me: I need a valve cover gasket for a 1998 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 six cylinder.

Parts monkey: Okay. (tap, tap, tap, on his 'puter...) You said 1999?

Me: No. 1998....

Parts monkey: Okay. 1998 Grand Cherokee....

Me: No. 1998 Cherokee... An XJ....

Parts monkey: Okay. 1998 Cherokee.... Four cylinder....

Me: NO! 1998 JEEP CHEROKEE XJ 4.0 L6!! SIX CYLINDER!

Parts monkey: Ummm... Okay.

LOL... WTF????

Fel-Pro VS50458R

find one a jeep guy works at :D I didn't even have to look it up. you can always PM me or call me for part numbers if your local napa is Fing you around :cheers:

Which Napa you go to? I go to one on Batavia and they are usually pretty good.

It's irrelevant. I wasn't upset with the guy, either he had something else on his mind, or he hates his job. No skin off my arse.

I just thought it was funny how I said '98 Cherokee six cylinder, and he heard '99 Grand four cylinder.

Why is it every time I go into a parts store asking for parts for a Cherokee the first thing they ask is "Grand Cherokee" anyway?

The ad is up in the for sale section for my super-sweet home made adapter removal tool in case any one is contemplating doing their own.

Why is it every time I go into a parts store asking for parts for a Cherokee the first thing they ask is "Grand Cherokee" anyway?

because asshats with grand cherokees just call them cherokees and end up getting pissed off when their parts are wrong. ;) when I ask i get "yes" way more often than "no" on that question.

because asshats with grand cherokees just call them cherokees and end up getting pissed off when their parts are wrong. ;) when I ask i get "yes" way more often than "no" on that question.

Please do us a favor, and inject one bit of sarcasm at everyone who calls their 'grand' cherokee, a regular cherokee. Give them the wrong parts, then call them stupid for asking for a part for A CHEROKEE, not a grand cherokee dumbass! Do they call them a grand caravan a 'caravan'? or a grand marquis a marquis?

I would make a terrible parts guy.

Back