• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Fuel Line o-ring question

Rags

NAXJA Forum User
What are the Renix owners using to replace fuel line orings, spacer and clip for the main fuel line to rail and the steel line off the regualtor?

I never had to think about what is available after market as I collected the OEM fuel line and trans lines oring repair kits when I worked at the dealer.....

The kits cost me 6 bucks each and included the orings, spacer ,squeeze clip and a tool to install....... Really slick, but my stash is empty

I remember taking all that stuff years ago in a pinch off a Caravan fuel filter to get another Jeeper going years ago......

I am taking off my intake to install a new exhaust mani, and the fuel lines leak 99% of the time when puttng back together.... just wanna make sure I have the fuel line o-rings.....

Thanks!~

The o-ring kits are still available. And as far as I have found there is no aftermarket for them. So grab a few from the dealer while they are still available. I have to get a few more myself..

If you want just the o-rings, the 5/16 Viton are Napa 730-5018 and the 3/8 are 730-5017. I've had better resultS just changing the o-rings as the kits from the parts stores tend to be a POS.

It seems everytime i touch a fuel line disconnect, it'll leak afterwards... got tired of the bullshit and went with AN plumbing. The renix rail is harder to convert using tubing adapters, but i swapped in a h.o. rail, which is cake.

Thanks for the info, I am lucky to have a Napa couple blocks from me :) Also what is the dealer part number for the kits off hand? I hate for the counter person to give me the blank stare or run around, part number is so much easier..... I dont even have any empty parts packages anymore to grab a PN# from.....

The HO fuel rail and AN fittings seems interesting.... but I really have had good luck with new oring kits from the dealer, I really hope I can make Napa stuff work, that is the easiest!:yelclap:

Thanks for the info, I am lucky to have a Napa couple blocks from me :) Also what is the dealer part number for the kits off hand? I hate for the counter person to give me the blank stare or run around, part number is so much easier..... I dont even have any empty parts packages anymore to grab a PN# from.....

The HO fuel rail and AN fittings seems interesting.... but I really have had good luck with new oring kits from the dealer, I really hope I can make Napa stuff work, that is the easiest!:yelclap:

IIRC, 83502545? Google it to be sure.

Got mine at Azone or O'reilys, and I think they are also in the Dorman help section at some stores.

You might try this for RENIX: Fuel rail seal package; 6 brown, (inner), and, (outer) 6 black, part number: 8350 3637

Probably bad but i've used faucet repair O-rings in mine before.... my father was a master plumber for 20 years so there are a million of those things in his garage

but now that i think about it... those probably arent made of the right kind of rubber lol

You wont be LOLing when it catches on fire. Get rid of them.

You know, one place we never think of to look for vacuum leaks, or a lean cylinder issue is the manifold injector o'rings.

Thanks guys for the part numbers......

Napa is the closest for me..... I found another Napa part number for fuel line repair kits... I have to see if it is 5/16 or 3/8 kit..... I am pretty sure it is 5/16 kit.....

So far the Napa part numbers for just orings is:

Napa 730-5018 3/8 Viton individual orings $1.56 each
Napa 730-5017 5/16 Viton individual orings $1.35 each
Napa CRB 212305 fuel line repair kit 5/16? $15.93 each

Mopar repair kits:

83502745 fuel line repair kit 5/16 $6.99 Morris
83504447 fuel line/Trans line repair kit 3/8 $8.99 Morris

Ebay sellers are $20.00 and up shipped for these kits.....

Morris 4x4 has the best prices.... all depends on shipping costs.....
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/fuel-oil-cooler-line-repair-kit-83502745.html

In a pinch local box stores, AutoZone,Orielly:

Dorman 800-016 fuel line clips assorted 5/16 3/8 $5.99
Dorman 800-013 viton orings assorted 5/16 3/8 $5.99

and other stores local might have the Standard/SMP HK7 fuel line repair kit.

$12.00 to $20.00 bucks.......

These are interesting also, could use these as they have fresh orings etc and use bulk Fuel Injection hose to replace the aging fuel pressure hoses.......

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR6/800120/N1650.oap?ck=Search_N1650_-1_2955&categoryRedirect=N1650&pt=N1650&ppt=C0290

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/DOR6/800121/N1650.oap?ck=Search_N1650_-1_2955&categoryRedirect=N1650&pt=N1650&ppt=C0290

Sorry to dredge up an old post, but I'm having the same issue. Bought the oring kit from the dealer ($27.50!!!). Think the link should be put in the FAQ!

Plus mine is still leaking. Actually worse than before. Guess I'm gonna pull them back out & try again.

Hi, I've buy a injector seal kit for my '90 xj limited renix
4-0-6l-componenti-1987-90-o-ring-guarnizioni-iniettori-motore-kit-4-0l-xj-mj.1.15.1052.gp.7851.uw

I've buy the right part?
Remember that I live in Italy, and autozone, napa, advance autoparts don't exist....
I have also a litte movie about the leak but I don't know how post.
Thanks to all and excuse me for bad english

Back