• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Backspacing 35"s with 2.5" backspacing

gird123

NAXJA Forum User
I did some searching and I have been unable to find the answer.

My dad is running 35x15x8s with about 6 to 6.5 inches of lift on his 1989 xj. When turning the tires rub the quick disconnect on the stab. He would like to change the back spacing currently 4"s and he is trying to decide between 3" and 2.5". Does 2.5" interfere with the brakes? Advice appreciated.

Pros:
more stable
Less rubbing

Cons:
Use more unit bearings.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1057214

Thank you,

Nate

I ran 35'' MTRs on some 15x8s with 2.5'' of BS. It was "wide" but I loved it, cant say it ever hindered my abilities other then the occasional issue with the local popo.

I cut a lot of fender, front and back. I ran some first generation RE quick discos for a couple years but they eventually came off. Never rubbed on them.

P1010663.jpg

P1010745.jpg

072.jpg

168.jpg

P1010834a.jpg

I'd be more worried about the unit bearings and axles than anything else. Of course it will fit and look fine.

I'd fix the issue and move on, it's a lot cheaper than changing rims and you'll be getting rid of a problem instead of adding two.

I'd be more worried about the unit bearings and axles than anything else. Of course it will fit and look fine.

I'd fix the issue and move on, it's a lot cheaper than changing rims and you'll be getting rid of a problem instead of adding two.
I put about 15k miles on that setup with no issues with unit bearings, but thats not exactly a long term test.

Back