• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

brake booster swap

beastlydumass

NAXJA Forum User
ok i im wanting to do a booster swap on my 95 non abs and wanting to do a wj non abs booster and mc. im wanting to know what all it consist of and what problems i mite run into with lines and bolting up. piks before and after would realy help.

you already have a dual diaphragm booster, 94 and prior are the ones that benefit from the swap. you will see little if any noticeable improvement in braking by swapping in a WJ booster into your 95.

well the one i got is done the blader inside is torn and the mc leaks into the piston and it has alot of oil blow by from a bad pcv valve so i gota put some thing in there

i would put a replacement for your 95 back in there and get the right master cyl. no modification needed. what I am saying is you are getting into modifying a part to fit your XJ for little to no gain, why bother?

95-96 should be the same, 97 and up the booster's pedal rod changed. on the MC lines I couldn't tell ya but I would assume the same year break.

Back