• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Advice on the roof

wheelinscott

NAXJA Forum User
So once again my stupid High School Days have caught up to me once again. These holes are from mounting a roof rack straight to the roof instead of to the rails (yeah I know genius right). Anyways the roof rack is long gone (this happened at least 6 years ago). I want to cover up the holes somehow and maybe remove the old threaded part and just have a flat roof. I have bars that go across for mounting stuff.

Any advice, or what to do? Im a newb to body work but want to get some dents fixed so I can paint this thing. I do have a mig welder so metal repair shouldn't be too hard. (welding sheet does suck though)

On to the pics

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

if you can weld . i'd first grind it so that its clean. drill the ends of each crack in the metal. if your head liner is out put a plate of aluminum underneath and weld the cracks and the then holes, grind it smooth and put on some paint.

the plate of aluminum is to keep the weld flat on the bottom and makes it easier to fill the holes. then pull it out when your done.

thats just my suggestion. i'm sure there will be some other ideas

Back