• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U-Bolt Elimiators

kr2590

NAXJA Forum User
Are U-Bolt Eliminators worth the money and time installing them?

What are problems encourtered/weaknesses of U-bolts connecting leaf springs?

Just curious what everyone has to say about this. Trying to determine if it is worth using eliminators when I install new lift kit.

I have a race truck. I don't think it would be any easier. :)

I've ran mine for 4-5 years. I got them the same time I added some ACOS up front. They were an easy way to get a bit of lift that equaled the ACOS. I've had no problems... I didn't have problems with my unbolts either though...

They do offer a little lift, and if you are swapping in a non-xj axle that needs new mounts I think its worth it.

Theyre cool.... but i think parking your driving vehicle, and installing them on a working axle, just to install them, is kinda dumb... Theres no real gain, but if you were installing an axle that required new leaf perches, its a cool way to go.

ive wanted these... something i thought of looking at TNTs...

they offer them in a few different heights. wouldnt using them to add lift work like blocks (albeight much stronger) and increase axle wrap?

Yes, but that is offset by the perch being longer. I'm not sure if it's a wash or not. It's not been an issue on mine.

We have em on our 14Bolt rear. TO swap leafs I feel is a tad bit easier as well as never having to drive to get new ubolts due to stretching. Worst case is new G8 bolts or nyloc nuts.

I used them to get the .75" lift gain when installing a new housing a few years ago. No blocks to crack out, or such.

They do have alignment holes for pushing the axle back slightly, as we did. I would do them again in a heartbeat. I would not though, install them just to install em on a axle/rig fitment that is currently together.

i'm going to use them when the 44 goes into the mj, as i'll have to cut off the sprung under mounts and start fresh anyway. i figure "why not?", and i like the idea that if something goes wrong off road or out in the boonies somewhere, 9/16x3.5" bolts are probably a hell of a lot easier to get ahold of than the proper sized u-bolt.

Back